Add or Remove an Attorney from a Law Office
These instructions only apply to law offices who wish to edit its attorney roster with the State Board of Law Examiners.
1. Rule 27 states that a law office must report any change in officers, directors, shareholders, members, other
equity owners, or lawyer employees licensed to practice law in Indiana within 30 days of the change taking place.
There is a fee of $10 per new person filed with the State Board of Law Examiners via this portal.
2. To add or remove an attorney for your law office, login to your corporate account using the email and password credentials for your agent. To do this, select the "Law Office PC/LLC/LLP" button in the top right corner of the homescreen, then input the email and password associated with the corporate account. Select "Corporate Login".
3. Once logged in and viewing the corporate homepage, scroll down to the section entitled "Attorney Information".
4. To add an attorney, select the red button entitled "Add Attorney". You will then be prompted to enter the full Name, job position, license number, admission year, and hire date at your law office for the attorney which you are adding to the law office. Select "Add Attorney" to complete the addition process. Please ensure that you only select "Add Attorney" once for each new attorney to avoid adding the same attorney to your attorney roster multiple times.
5. To verify that you have added the attorney, locate the name of the attorney you have just added in the Attorney Information section list. Large offices may find the "Search Attorney" search bar helpful to locate the attorney by name. If the name has been added, the attorney will appear in this list. If the name has not been added, the attorney will not appear in this list.
6. To remove an attorney, locate the attorney's name in the Attorney Information section list. Large offices may find the "Search Attorney" search bar helpful to locate the attorney by name. Once you have located the attorney, select "Remove" on the right side of their name line. This will remove the attorney from your attorney list.
7. To edit the name, license number, job position, hire date, or admission year of an existing attorney in your law office, locate the attorney's name in the Attorney Information section list. Once you have located the attorney, select "Edit" on the right side of their name line. This will allow you to edit the attorney's information.
8. Each attorney added to the firm requires a $10 fee to be paid by the corporation. Additionally, if the attorney is not reported to the Board of Law Examiners within 30 days of their hire date, delinquent late fees will be incurred as outlined in Admission & Discipline Rule 27.
9. To pay your balance after adding all attorneys to your firm, locate the "Outstanding Balance" section at the top of the corporate homepage. This will list the fees associated with the addition of each attorney as well as any other fees that your law office may have incurred and not yet paid. This amount is payable via credit card or electronic check. You will be redirected tot he State of Indiana E-Payment website. When making this payment, do not close your browser window showing your corporate account page OR the browser window showing the State of Indiana E-Payment website until the payment has processed successfully and you have been issued a receipt.