All Latest News
Out of State Applicants / Fingerprinting
For out of state applicants requiring fingerprinting, please see the instructions on the website.
Click here: Out of State Fingerprinting
Swearing in Ceremony for the July 2018 successful bar applicants
The ceremony for the successful July 2018 applicants will be held on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at the Indiana Convention Center, Sagamore Ballroom at 10:00 AM Indianapolis time.
If you cannot attend the ceremony, you may request a mail admission packet by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The earliest you can be admitted is at the ceremony, all mail admission packets will be sent out following the ceremony.
User Home Pages and payment check out now available!
You should now be able to successfully check out and pay your fees.
We appreciate your patience during this time. If you have urgent needs, please call our offices at 317.232.2552 and our staff can assist you or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Indiana Board of Law Examiners
Changes to the Indiana Essay Examination Effective February 2018
Notice Regarding Changes to Indiana Essay Examination Effective February 2018
The Indiana State Board of Law Examiners has obtained approval from the Indiana Supreme Court to change some of the topics tested on the Indiana Essay Examination. The changes are designed to better reflect the nature of today's law practice. The changes will not be implemented until February 2018.
The topics to be tested on the Indiana Essay Examination effective February 18, 2018 are as follows:
- Administrative law
- Business organizations
- Family law
- Federal and state personal income tax, corporate tax, and estate and gift tax
- Indiana constitutional law
- Indiana employment law, including wage payment and wage claim statutes
- Indiana debt collection, including garnishment, attachment, and bankruptcy exemptions
- Residential landlord-tenant law
- Pleading and practice, including statutes of limitation and the Indiana Tort Claims Act
- Secured transactions
- Wills, trusts and estates