All Latest News
Location of the July 2019 Bar Exam
The July 2019 Bar Exam will be held at 502 East Event Centre, 502 E. Carmel Drive, Carmel, IN 46032
Swearing in Ceremony for the July 2019 successful applicants
October 2, 2019 at the Indiana Convention Center, Sagamore Ballroom 10:00 am we will be having the Fall swearing in Ceremony.
Seating is first come first serve.
ATTENTION: July 2019 Bar Exam
The July 2019 Bar Exam will be held at 502 East Event Center in Carmel, IN. The address is 502 East Carmel Drive, Carmel, IN 46032. Applicants may enter the event site at 8:30am.
No one other than bar applicants, staff and exam monitors are allowed inside the Event Center before, during, or after the exam.
Changes to the Indiana Essay Examination Effective February 2018
Notice Regarding Changes to Indiana Essay Examination Effective February 2018
The Indiana State Board of Law Examiners has obtained approval from the Indiana Supreme Court to change some of the topics tested on the Indiana Essay Examination. The changes are designed to better reflect the nature of today's law practice. The changes will not be implemented until February 2018.
The topics to be tested on the Indiana Essay Examination effective February 18, 2018 are as follows:
- Administrative law
- Business organizations
- Family law
- Federal and state personal income tax, corporate tax, and estate and gift tax
- Indiana constitutional law
- Indiana employment law, including wage payment and wage claim statutes
- Indiana debt collection, including garnishment, attachment, and bankruptcy exemptions
- Residential landlord-tenant law
- Pleading and practice, including statutes of limitation and the Indiana Tort Claims Act
- Secured transactions
- Wills, trusts and estates